This version is now obsolete. To read about the latest version, click here.
This ROM package is not supported by Samsung
Failure to complete the update process could result to bricking your phone
Downloading this ROM package from a different site may result in a fake or tampered firmware
This is a customized Omnia ROM package based on the unofficial DXHJ1 firmware removing some applications to free up space, updating other packages to potentially improve the performance and changing a few giving it a xxxHOLiC look.
This ROM package requires Windows XP to update your Omnia.
Current Version: ech01-b05 with User Customization
Base ROM Version: DXHJ1
- Arcsoft Mobile Video Editor
- Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Desktop - Removed in favor of using UC to pre-install preferred apps after flashing/hard-reset.
- Tegic XT9 Samsung Input Method - This covers the Samsung Keyboard, Keypad & Phonepad.
- Samsung Touch Player
- Samsung Digital Frame
- TecAce PhotoSlides
- Altered a few more icons in the Samsung Today 2 plugin
- Power on animation, initial wallpaper and modified the background image for the Samsung Launcher
- Update for Windows Mobile for PC (KB949168) included
- Sleuth255@xda-developers.com's User Customization included
Due to this addition, security policy has been altered (101a) to allow for UC to install the other applications. The UC will only run in the Storage Card and NOT in My Storage. It may be possible to alter it to run in My Storage instead. Please post your feedback in the discussion thread for consideration. Lastly, make sure that the CAB installers in your Storage Card does NOT have a read-only attribute. To learn more about UC, click here.
For earlier changes, click here
The Samsung Launcher has been modified to look for certain shortcuts to run certain programs. This would allow the user to install similar applications and still use the Samsung Launcher to run these preferred programs. These shortcuts must be placed in the \windows folder.
- DigitalFrame: DigitalFrame.lnk
- File Explorer: FExplore.lnk - this was the Internet Explorer button
- Internet Browser button: Netbrw.lnk
- Multimedia Player: MdPlayer.lnk
- PhotoSlides: PhotoSlides.lnk
- PodCasts button: PodCasts.lnk
- RSSReader button: RSSReader.lnk
Modified Samsung Today 2 Plugin
Modified Samsung Launcher and a slide of the Power On animation
The Version, Memory & About Screens
Black Skin for the Tegic XT9 Samsung Keypad, Keyboard and Phonepad(1)
Known Issues And Other Notes:
(1) The Tegic XT9 is available as a separate download.
Certain programs may require specific versions of Microsoft SQLCE/.NETCF and thus may not work with this release. If your program is not working, please post in the discussion thread the name and the version to determine whether to revert to the original version that came with the firmware.
The included xxxHolic Theme 1 although set to display black shade, Windows Mobile will automatically turn it to a gray shade. See this page for an explanation: www.mobilitysite.com/boards/themes-skins/220413-themegence-v-2-5-preview-wm6.html#post1059172523
- Check the possibility of removing other applications
- Make the theme more cohesive and maybe apply the theme to other applications
- If you're unfamiliar with the update process I would discourage you to use a customized ROM. Visit the SAMSUNG site to familiarize yourself with the update process.
- Please fully charge your phone before attempting to update.
- Please backup your phone contacts, emails, messages and other important user information.
- Download and install the Samsung modem drivers for Windows XP.
- Download the two files and scan for viruses. STOP if a virus is found. If the files are clean then run the self-extracting package. The updater will automatically run.
- Enjoy your Samsung Omnia Phone: xxxHOLiC Edition (=
This version is now obsolete and the files have been removed. To download the latest version, click here.
MrToto for his ROM Kitchen.
The people at PDAClan.com for making an i900-specific ROM Kitchen.
Paul@modaco.com for the useful forum resource for the Samsung Omnia.
Secany@modaco.com for advanced release of the ROMs.
PaSSoA@modaco.com for modifications to the i900 ROM Kitchen making it easier to understand.
firstname.lastname@example.org for making a UC capable bare bones ROM and pointing to the source reference on how this could be done.
Sleuth255@xda-developers.com for developing SDAutoRun.
Dvha79 for the Adobe Flash Lite 3.1 Package.
The person who packaged the MS SQLCE 3.5.
GSMArena for one of the angled view of the Omnia.
arunachalam, conqueror and gillestuur for spotting the problems with the release.